🔰 29 May 2021 🔰
●The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams.
- NOTABLE (ADJECTIVE): (उल्लेखनीय): noteworthy
Synonyms: remarkable, outstanding
The gardens are notable for their collection of magnolias and camellias.
2.FLAUNT (VERB): (शान दिखाना): show off
Synonyms: parade, exhibit
Newly rich consumers eager to flaunt their prosperity.
- EXASPERATION (NOUN): (खीज): irritation
Synonyms: annoyance, chagrin
She rolled her eyes in exasperation.
- VOLATILE (ADJECTIVE): (अस्थिर): tense
Synonyms: strained, fraught
The political situation was becoming more volatile.
- DESPERATE (ADJECTIVE): (निराशाजनक): despairing
Synonyms: hopeless, anguished
A desperate sadness had enveloped my mind.
- WHITTLE (VERB): (काटना): erode
Synonyms: wear away, eat away
The shortlist of fifteen was whittled down to five.
- SLENDER (ADJECTIVE): (अल्प): meagre
Synonyms: limited, slight
He helped people of slender means.
- WIT (NOUN): (वाक्-पटुता): intelligence
Synonyms: shrewdness, cleverness
She does not lack perception or native wit.
- DEFAMATORY (ADJECTIVE): (अपवादक): libellous
Synonyms: slanderous, defaming
He used a defamatory statement to mention her.
- RIDICULE (VERB): (उपहास करना): deride
Synonyms: mock, laugh at
His theory was ridiculed and dismissed.